Social media customer service presents one of the biggest opportunities to interact with today’s hyper-connected consumers. If done well, social media can be the platform that enables organisations to respond instantaneously, show they care and build communities of people who are loyal and will recommend their brand on a very public platform. Get it wrong and the consequences are potentially disastrous, leading to a damaged corporate reputation and lost business.
For the contact centre, social media raises many questions: How to sensibly queue and route queries along with all the other channels? How to provide a consistent experience for multi-skilled agents across several channels? How to provide access to the same knowledgebase of information so agents can respond to social media queries quickly and appropriately?
Key features and benefits of Social Media
- Supports the most popular and widely used social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Trustpilot, WhatsApp, as well as SMS
- Aggregates social media posts using advance functionality for queuing, routing and service levels regardless of communication channel
- Assigns posts and creates filtered queues to allow specially trained agents to speed up handling times and avoid negative social media noise caused by slow response times
- Prioritises key influencers and important customers
- Integrates with other databases, CRM and media archive solutions to store customer and conversation details
- Provides multi-skilled agents with a total view of a customer’s interaction with the organisation regardless of channel, thereby providing the ability to identify individual customer needs and business development opportunities to up-sell or cross-sell.